Installing SQL Server 2017 Express
- Download the SQL Server 2017 Express installer by clicking this
The installer will automatically begin to download. (The installer
file is approximately 280 megabytes and may take a few moments to
Follow the steps in your web browser to open the installation
file. If prompted, allow the application to run:
- Click OK to the Choose
Directory for Extracted Files prompt:
The installation files are extracted:
- Click the top link, New SQL Server
stand-alone installation or add features to an existing installation.
- Accept the license terms and click Next.
- Click Next once the SQL
Installer has completed the Install Rules and checks. The SQL installer
will check for product updates and automatically download any additional
- Verify that the Instance Features and Shared Features options are
selected and click Next.
- Verify that Named Instance
is selected and then enter a name . Ensure Instance ID is IRISPRACTICE
then click Next.
- Leave the default settings on the Server Configuration screen and
- Select the option for Mixed Mode
(SQL Server authentication
and Windows authentication). Enter a password for your database
instance and Confirm password.
Please, write down your password and keep it somewhere important.
Then, click Next.
SQL Server 2017 will now be installed.
- If you are notified that a computer restart is required, click
- Click Close on the Completion
screen. SQL Server 2017 is now installed.
- Go back to the SQL Server Installation Center and select the options
to Install SQL Server Management
Tools or go to:
- Select the link Download
SQL Server Management Studio 17.8.1 (no previous version of SSMS
17.x is required on the computer).
- Download the file and click to run it
on your PC.
- Once the installer launches, click the Install button:
Once finished it displayed a Setup Completed message.